Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First meeting

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First meeting

Can i ask when you first meet with parents what do you do? Obviously you show them around your home but do you go into the policies etc? Do you show them your massive portfolio of policies and paperwork?! Or is the first meeting supposed to be not as in depth as that? Hopefully this one will turn up...6.30pm tonight!!!

Kelly

LOOPYLISA Guest

Default Re: First meeting

Hi, this is a question i have been wanting to ask, i think this is the bit im dreading the most!!!!!

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I chat about me, my famiily, ages of children I mind, things we do, themes we follow, answering any questions as I go along.

Also make time to interact with the child.

I show them round the house and garden, and go meet my dogs!

Then they leave with my parent pack. I tend to do policys etc when I sign contracts but sometimes they want to sign up there and then so have to do all at once.

Hope it goes well for you hun - this is just the way I do things - everyone different and the main thing is just to be yourself.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i've had a few meetings - one this morning

i invited them in saying hello to the child and introducing my own. then i ask them if they would like a drink and show them the kitchen hoping they notice my notice board with children's work on it. maybe mention this is where we eat and do cooking, art and craft.

then i show them into lounge and take them out in the garden if dry if not show them through the window!

then we sit and chat. sometimes they ask questions. sometimes i ask them about the child what they like doing, routine etc just for chat really.

if it goes a bit quiet i show them my parent handbook which they can take away includes info and policies.

i try to show them my daily diary (if child under 5) and an example eyfs file or just explain the obs i do.

try to spend as much time as possible with the child. always put something out to do. in the past i've relied on my d (3) to show them the toys but she's let me down saying 'no!' today i put a treasure basket on the floor and the 3 children sat round it and played.

if i remember i show them the children's shoe baskets and coat pegs and downstairs toilet!

always ask if they have any questions, get info about what hours they want and make sure you ask them to call you with a decision in 5/10 days!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring them in, chat a bit, ask about them, what they do, where they live etc to make them at ease.

Make a cuppa while I leave them to look through portfolio

Have cuppa and a natter about the portfolio

Bring them for a look round.

If they want to sign up there and then, do that - if not tell them I need a decision by X and make sure I have their details.

It's really not so bad, and rememebr they are nervous too!

July 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advice already offered - just want to wish you luck.

Wiggly
    x

Jul 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait for it...
    I got it ladies!!! She wants me three days a week after school and 2 full days in the holidays
    Now just wondering if anyone can help me? I have just now joined ncma and got their public liability insurance, contracts and accounts book but can't see them being here for monday. Would anyone be able to post me an ncma contract so that i can use it for monday? I promise that i'd send one back once i got my book. I'd be so grateful if someone could help
    Also; do i need to sort my car and home insurance out now?
    WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry can't help with the contract...

Yes you need to sort out car and house insurance...

congratulations!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations

If you are in a hurry speak to your Development Officer or order on the NCMA website and they will be with you by Friday

Well done

Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Have pm'd you

Miffy xx