Online pre-reg course advice please !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Online pre-reg course advice please !

Hi,
    I am planning to become childminder !
    It is an exciting change of career as I am originaly accountant. Thanks a lot for this useful forum which helps me to find my way in this path...
    I have already called my future LA and Pacey to get informations but it is always good to get advices from other experiences !

My situation :
    I am actualy living in Manchester and my family and I are planning to move begining of April in Knutsford (to be close to my husband's work). I called Knutsford council to ask about the pre-reg course and I have been told that the next briefing is going to be in few months (6 months !). So I am thinking to do this briefing and pre-reg course with an onile provider (Eg.Pacey) as it will be more convenient too as I have children at home. I called Pacey too and they confirm me that Oftsed reconize their course.

My questions are :
    1/Could you recomend me an online pre-reg course provider reconized by Ofsted ? (I only know Pacey )
    2/Can I start my online course with Pacey in Manchester and then finish it in Knutsford ? I called Pacey and they told me I could as it is an online course-I would just have to update my adress once I move-Has someone had any issue with Pacey when moving ?
    3/How long does it take you to complete the online pre reg course ? (I was told 3 month by Pacey)

Any other advice for me ??

Thanks for reading me !

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I did 2 2 hour briefing sessions through my LA that was it.. left setting up as I went travelling on returning home commenced this and rung my LA asking if there was something more I needed to do to be told MY LA do not do any briefing sessions at all anymore as all info is online.. The cCYPOP5 - understand how to be a home based childcare provider I presume if what your asking about time taken to complete I think I took about 5 months I remember the assignments being quite lengthy and back then I was working 6 days a week so couldn't really do much quicker as was very busy. Again if you are meaning the CYPOP5 in regards to if it matters if u start in Manc then move then, no hope that's some use x