Urgent question re applying to ofsted, advice please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Urgent question re applying to ofsted, advice please!

At the minute, I intend to only take children during term time only. However, I'm worrying that by ticking the "term time only" box on the eyc application form, I'm removing the option to change my plans if I struggle for children or if I decide to do the odd week here and there during the holidays. Please could you let me know whether I would need to be re-inspected if so, or whether I should keep my options open - I don't really get why they want to know!

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine that the box is just an indication to Ofsted that they would not contact you out of term time if you indicated this. I might be totally wrong, but I don't think they care what weeks you work, just what registers you want to be on. I wouldn't worry if you need to change your plans and work in the school hold, its your business.

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say school hols!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter- they are just data-collecting I think. There is no difference in registration for term-time or all-year-round.

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all - will take it off my list of things to worry about (no doubt I'll soon have added something else in its place ;-) ).