St Andrews Day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: St Andrews Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default St Andrews Day

Does anyone mark ST Andrews day with their mindees in any way?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Does anyone mark ST Andrews day with their mindees in any way?
    You can if your children are old enough to understand then do as you would for St George's Day or St David's Day with a clear aim in mind....UW and communities?

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We do a little bit , nothing excessive. . we watched an episode of 'lets celebrate' about st andrews day on cebeebies together this morning. we got out a map and found scotland - looked at where we live , and where my dh lived when he was a little boy. we are making some scottish shortbread , and having cranachan for pudding tonight ( without the whisky!) . The fabric box has mainly tartan bits in it today , and we have been dancing with it to some celilidh music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    We do a little bit , nothing excessive. . we watched an episode of 'lets celebrate' about st andrews day on cebeebies together this morning. we got out a map and found scotland - looked at where we live , and where my dh lived when he was a little boy. we are making some scottish shortbread , and having cranachan for pudding tonight ( without the whisky!) . The fabric box has mainly tartan bits in it today , and we have been dancing with it to some celilidh music.
    Wow that's amazing - that's A LOT! :-)
    We in the end i didn't get around to doing anything, there's always next year!

Simona Guest

The favourite activity yesterday ...looks like ....was baking 'shortbread'!!
    Maybe a packet of biscuits bought in the supermarket will have done the trick instead for those unable to bake!

And due to Murray winning the Davis cup the Scottish flag was flying everywhere...I imagine the children learnt something there if they saw it flying along the Union Jack at the seat of Parliament!!