Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii Fit

Registered Childminder since
    July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wii Fit

Has anybody got one?? I was concidering re-joining the gym but then I've wanted one of these for a while now.

Checked Argos and all my local stores are out of stock

they retail at about £70 but compaired to a years subscription to the gym its not that much x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wii Fit

A friend of mine has one and she says its brilliant. I don't do computers though!......well apart from my laptop when talking to you lovely ladies!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louisec View Post
    Has anybody got one?? I was concidering re-joining the gym but then I've wanted one of these for a while now.

Checked Argos and all my local stores are out of stock

they retail at about £70 but compaired to a years subscription to the gym its not that much x
    Hi,

I have one, just got last week, great fun

I've also ordered the dance mat for it, which gets a great write up and is supposed to be good for getting you fit as well

Lisa

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have one and it's great although I have only been on it a couple of times

You could get really fit while having a great laugh,

Have you tried Woolworths, that's where we got ours from when no one else had got them.

Carol xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking to someone on my First Aid course yesterday. She said she had one and that she lost a lot of weight using it. So am quite tempted to get one myself
    Caroline

LOOPYLISA Guest

Yes brilliant, i was jogging the other day on ours, i was knackered

Id say go get one x

Post Thanks / Like

I think that they are great fun and a good laugh ............

When you use them that is !!!!

One of those fads that come and go I feel

Angel xx

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for one online last week but couldn't find anywhere that had any in stock

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have one but unless you use it everyday I dont think its as good as going to the gym. The workouts are only 3 mins each but it does unlock new workouts as you go through and im hoping eventualy extends the times of the workouts.
    However the dance mat is brilliant...I hope they bring more games out for it. Unfortunately its not wireless but worth every penny. Its the same as the ps1/2 dance mat but you can use the wii controler and nunchuck as well

Post Thanks / Like

We have one and its fantastic. I try to do a workout with it at least 3 times a week. Although the individual exercises are only a minute or two, its the combination of all the exercises together that give you the workout. I do muscle toning the aerobic then balance. Included in the aerobic is jogging. I am up to 10 mins now, you wouldn't get me jogging on the street for any amount of time Try hula hooping for 3 mins without stopping!
    Also you can see your improvement by your score which helps motivate you.

oct 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Asda's advertised on an e-mail that they had them in stock only got e-mail two days ago so gove your local one a call
    Paula

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We got our's on Saturday from Blockbusters. It's brilliant, especially the Hula hoop. Also the step workout is good.

I just haven't got time for the gym, so when I get a few minutes spare I have a go, there is also an exercise that you can do while watching the TV.
    Cherry x

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one as well and I love it.
    There are loads of things you can do...
    one is a step- thing that you can do while the TV is on. The remote is giving you the speed indication and it is great fun. and you can do it for a long time too.
    Also got a skiing game which is fab but quite hard I find.
    I managed to unlock a lot of additional training but keep going back to my favourite fun ones.
    I prefer it to the gym any day. I haven't done much on it lately cos the weather was not too bad (most days anyway) and then I rather go out for long walks with my dd.
    I think with the wii fit it is fun as you can do things together as well and it keeps track of your best scores etc...
    Also found it easier with a baby to do a few mins on the wii than to make my way to any gym.
    Nicole xx

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polobear1970 View Post
    I've also ordered the dance mat for it, which gets a great write up and is supposed to be good for getting you fit as well
    Oooh I didn't know they did a dance mat for it! I shall add it to my wishlist. Maybe it could be a "woo hoo, got my first mindee!" present to myself when I eventually get one!!

I love my Wii Fit. I am fairly sure it will never turn me into an olympian but its definitely helping with my balance and posture, and the fitness test bit is definitely good for spurring you on

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ali P View Post
    Oooh I didn't know they did a dance mat for it! I shall add it to my wishlist. Maybe it could be a "woo hoo, got my first mindee!" present to myself when I eventually get one!!

I love my Wii Fit. I am fairly sure it will never turn me into an olympian but its definitely helping with my balance and posture, and the fitness test bit is definitely good for spurring you on
    You go for it Ali you deserve it

Lisa

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a wii fit and love it! Havent been on it in a couple of weeks as just started working full time and now need to find the energy to get back into it.lol
    It definitely works though, i was losing a fair bit of weight, then went away for a week and ate nothing but chips and crisps.
    They are hard to get though, i have a friend in scotland looking for 1 and she is having no luck.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been trying for so long to get hold of one as they are like gold dust. Our Woolworths have four pages of A4 as a waiting list. I have managed to order one from a catalogue but it won't be here until November but at least i know I have one eventually.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the same book in our woolworths but i would say it is worth putting name on it as we are getting through ours quite quickly. Woolies is the official nintendo retailer currently so if anywhere will get them, they should.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I got mine for Woolworths. You can get emails when they are in stock, thats how I got mine.

I think its really good and I really enjoy using it, when I used to go to the gym it used to be a chore going.

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

got mine Tuesday
    kept checking the local argos stores daily and eventually found one to reserve
    Its fantastic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast