Adding a conservatory to premises what do I need to do ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Adding a conservatory to premises what do I need to do ?

Hi all I'm looking to have a conservatory added to my property do I just need to email Ofsted informing them when this will happen and once done do a risk assessment on the room ? Any info would be greatly received :-)
    Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure, I guess so as it's a big change to the property. Also check with LA about planning permission x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1michelle View Post
    Hi all I'm looking to have a conservatory added to my property do I just need to email Ofsted informing them when this will happen and once done do a risk assessment on the room ? Any info would be greatly received :-)
    Thank you
    As you are extending your setting then give Ofsted a ring and follow their advice on this.
    I too had a conservatory built years ago, called Ofsted and then allowed to get on with my practice.
    Ofsted wants to hear you will do a RA and keeping children safe during the works...make sure you record who you are speaking to and that he/she has recorded your call in your file...if necessary add an email afterwards.

Good luck and enjoy your extended setting!
    Do check with planning but often conservatories are within 'the allowed development'
    Last edited by Simona; 23-06-2015 at 08:00 AM.