Childrens play benefiting PSED
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childrens play benefiting PSED

I need to answer the below question and simply don't know where to start.....

Describe how children's play and education can benefit their personal, social and emotional development.
    Last edited by gemma659353; 27-04-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd start by splitting PSED into the 3 Aspects- so first think about 'making relationships'- I am sure you can think of lots to write about play and how it benefits their relationships with other children/adults? Then 'self-confidence and self-awareness'... and so on. I would also refer to Development Matters:PSED pages for some good pointers.
    Good luck. I am sure once you get started it will all come to you!

3. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    I need to answer the below question and simply don't know where to start.....

Describe how children's play and education can benefit their personal, social and emotional development.
    Play contributes to all areas of children's development in the EYFS and links to the govt's policy about children's 'health and well being'
    This article will also be of help

Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development | Education.com