Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning question - I am over thinking?

SO I have child A's LJ and in it I have observations and next steps
    Then every quarter I send it home with review page

I email all parents a planning sheet so our topic for next term is 'Good health' and I have headings of each area of learning and some actvity ideas with a note saying ideas to do at home or in the setting

In the LJ do I need to give the parents a next step for each area of learning that we are working on or is one or 2 sufficient? Child A is coming up to school in September.....

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I usually only give a couple of next steps and try to suggest an activity that will cover both and more!

3. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

And is the next step an activity such as make marks using paint .....or is it an actual term from the EYO document such as 'Notices and is interested in the effects of making movements which leave marks'

At my last inspection she asked what the next step of a child was I told her and she said not that is an activity - what is the next step you are working on and she meant the phrase from the development matters document (at the time) .....a little confused.....

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    And is the next step an activity such as make marks using paint .....or is it an actual term from the EYO document such as 'Notices and is interested in the effects of making movements which leave marks'

At my last inspection she asked what the next step of a child was I told her and she said not that is an activity - what is the next step you are working on and she meant the phrase from the development matters document (at the time) .....a little confused.....
    I would say ' making marks using paint ' ... I don't think parents need the jargon when it's basically the same thing! You might be looking at that area, but you need to have a specific to suggest to parents what they could do!

I don't think the dev't guides lead to next step per se. Maybe have a look at the new parents guide and see what that says? I'm on my phone so can't link but it's called 'what to expect when'

6. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post