Taking a break from childminding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking a break from childminding

I'm taking a break from childminding, have given notice to all my families & now having a wobble lol

Basically I'm worn out & need a rest. I've taken a part time job just doing lunch times in a nursery which will give me an adequate income and a small amount of stability whilst still working in the same field. I'm now debating whether to serve notice to Ofsted or remain registered. I'm due an inspection this summer, so if I have an inspection with no children on roll, does that mean they will re inspect sooner after that? Or will it be the standard 3 years after that?

Any ideas?

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add, I may or may not return to childminding. At this stage I really don't know what I want to do long term...

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are unlikely to be inspected at exactly 3 years, I am on 4 years now so it will give you some breathing space to decide....why not just wait and keep your registration up but for now and if they phone you in the future make a decision then....

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo163 View Post
    Just to add, I may or may not return to childminding. At this stage I really don't know what I want to do long term...
    If you don't know what to do long term stay registered because if you deregister and then apply again it will be very expensive and long winded.

The last Ofsted survey shows a huge number of cms are 'registered' but not working...that is allowed and nothing wrong with that if you wish to take a break for whatever reasons...I believe you can do that up to 3 years

If you get inspected with no children on roll you will not be graded but the report will show you meet ...or not...the conditions of registration

Taking a break sometimes means you can reflect on your options for the future...something may come up that will trigger a final decision
    Good luck and enjoy the break!