pre school charge question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    toddlers896 Guest

Default pre school charge question

I have a wee one going to pre-school in January 9am till 12pm 5 x days week.
    I am not charging them for the three hours that she is at school ( my choice)
    She will be coming to me during the school holidays so I wont be able to fill this space (again my choice)

At the moment I only charge her half for her holidays - do you think it would be ok to say that because I am down 60hrs a month and keeping a space open for school holidays I am going to start charging full for holidays.

Also is their anything else that I need to consider before changing her contract

TIA x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always charge full for mindees holidays, that is not a problem, many CMers do it.

Check you and parents are clear what happens on Inset days and any other pre-school closure days.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toddlers896 View Post
    I have a wee one going to pre-school in January 9am till 12pm 5 x days week.
    I am not charging them for the three hours that she is at school ( my choice)
    She will be coming to me during the school holidays so I wont be able to fill this space (again my choice)

At the moment I only charge her half for her holidays - do you think it would be ok to say that because I am down 60hrs a month and keeping a space open for school holidays I am going to start charging full for holidays.

Also is their anything else that I need to consider before changing her contract

TIA x
    Is there a reason why you charge her half for the holidays?
    You are not charging when the child attends preschool but keep the place open for the holidays....so the parents owe you full fee for full attendance during those 38 weeks

It is your personal and financial choice not to charge when the child is at preschool...but you are losing money so you could suggest a retainer for keeping the space open for holidays

It is entirely your choice and every cm will give you different advice ...but...the main issue is the sustainability of your small business and you are giving these parents a lot of your earnings

Good luck whatever you decide

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think you are being very fair :-) I charge full for mindees holidays.