Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindee doesn't like DH

As the title says really.

She took ages to settle anyway but dislikes having my hubby around. She's OK if I'm in the room with her but DH was in kitchen, mindee happily playing in lounge and I nipped to the loo. Came back and she was in bits.

Mindee only does one day a week. DH is here between 1-2 out of 5 weeks due to rota pattern. I've never had this before and it's begining to frustrate me know. Poor bloke has spent the day in the kitchen!

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She'll get used to him but with just 1 day a week it may take time. DH had to eat his dinner in other room when a new mindee here would scream at the sight of him! But they made friends and she'd happily sit with him for a story in the end (she was 10mth when she started, 3 days a week).

I suggest he just takes time when possible to slowly make friends, with you there for security for her. Until she is ready then take her to the loo with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Watching thread with interest as I have a similar situation x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby works with me and it took one of our LOs a good month to get used to him :-/
    It just took a lot of reassurance from me and my hubby just carrying on as normal with the rest of the children. That was over a year ago and now they are the best of friends :-)
    If this LO sees that everyone else is okay around him then they will hopefully relax a little and get used to him.

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a LO that doesn't like my husband, sons or daughter and will moan if they enter the room. It has taken her since January to get used to me!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this too. Lo only here 2 days a week and If anyone came into my house he would cry. It took him a while and now anyone can come in he might not look at them but he waddles on with what he is doing
    Tess1981