Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Child reverting to soiling and wetting

A four year old who is starting school has begun soiling and wetting . Is this at all normal due to nerves at something new?
    He is living in a potentially traumatic household anyway (see my other thread) as his 13 y o sibling is aggressive and dangerous and is regularly arrested for putting himself or his family in danger. is it more likely to be this situation do you think?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

How long has the child been in your setting and how long has he been toilet trained? Have there been any regressions before that you are aware of?
    I'm very interested in any info offered on this subject as have exactly the same situation with one of my mindees. (Who has had many regressions every time she experiences transition between settings or poss through trauma at home).

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

By knowing what you have said in your previous thread about this family I would be noting this as a concern. Is there any news on anything happening to help this poor mum. Sounds to my like LO is being affected badly by this

xxx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    A four year old who is starting school has begun soiling and wetting . Is this at all normal due to nerves at something new?
    He is living in a potentially traumatic household anyway (see my other thread) as his 13 y o sibling is aggressive and dangerous and is regularly arrested for putting himself or his family in danger. is it more likely to be this situation do you think?
    I hope reading this will help you
    This child is going through a lot at the moment and regression is the sign he is not coping well

Children of all ages experience regression as they grow up

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this with a new schoolie last year.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

I had a letter back from my mp that the case was being investigated but nothing has been put in place so far.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)