Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing toys and equipment in the garden

I often have read about people storing their childminding items in a shed and then rotating them in the house. I am currently in a flat but am moving (all going well) to a house. Our flat has huge built in storage cupboards but our house doesn't. I really don't want to have everything out on show in my living area all the time and need somewhere to put equipment too like travel cots, high chairs, car seats etc. I am looking at getting a shed specifically for my childminding stuff. For those of you that do this- do you find it works for you? I am thinking of doing a toy catalogue so the children can choose items not already out, but having a plan of what items to get out each week. Do the toys get smelly out there? Anything I should know or any tips for me? Thank you!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are stored in the shed, in large plastic boxes. This keeps them damp free during the winter, and they aren't smelly either!

Good luck with the house move!

3. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about things like travel cots that are fabric and can't be put in boxes? Do you wrap in black sacks or are they ok in a shed? Total lack of shed experience here lol!

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

In my experience material things get damp but I don't know if there are ways round this

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep my toys in the shed but the fabric stuff (cots and buggies) don't go in. They just end up mouldy in the winter - the plastic toys I haven't had a problem with - I just give them a good clean if they've been stored for a while (dishwashers are great for that kind of thing)

The buggies I keep in the boot of the car and in the garage which is integral so a bit less damp. The cots are folded and left upstairs.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if those plastic sheds are better for things like travel cots then? Wow my oh will love me with requests for all these different sheds!