Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Annoyed

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annoyed

In 6 years of minding I have never had a problem with payment.

I now have one parent with a tiny bill but is now over two weeks late. Late fees will be bigger than the bill if I choose to apply them.

They will definitely be without childcare Friday morning if they don't pay up by then.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is annoying - it causes so much ill feeling. Let us know how you get on. Good luck. x

toddlers896 Guest

so annoying when they think it doesn't matter if we are not paid. I wont take any crap with payment. No money, no childcare.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toddlers896 View Post
    so annoying when they think it doesn't matter if we are not paid. I wont take any crap with payment. No money, no childcare.
    Agree. I also add on the late fees. Have had to do it only the once with 2 different families. It shows a complete lack of respect to not pay us on time

xxx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What's made it even worse is that the child is school age and only been coming a couple of months. It was for two set sessions before school per week, so not much work but fitted nicely and he's a nice lad.

Mum has been promoted at work and wants to be able to use any two mornings a week as her shifts have changed. I have given her two options. First she can use any two mornings but I can't guarantee availability, or she can pay 2 days at full fees and 3 at half and always have a space available. Funnily enough she has said she doesn't want the retainer option. If I could walk to school it would be fine as he is 10, so not in my numbers. However as the school run is a 9 mile round trip, I have to drive so he takes a "space" in my car.

I don't think she understands that if I keep the space solely for her son and charge nothing I could end up turning away nearly £1k a year.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought of making up an invoice to show her what the space is valued at? Maybe then she would appreciate you x

7. Likes Tealady liked this post