Do I send home?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do I send home?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I send home?

I have a LO 9months today, she's usually very happy thing but today all she's doing is crying, not like her! She has a cough and a cold which is not something Id send someone home for but I have other LOs to look after and she's constantly crying... She's asleep again for second time today! What would you do?

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in exactly the same situation with my 10 month old mindee, he's also refusing food. Texted mum before to see if I can give calpol. Hoping she will offer to pick him up as the crying is upsetting other mindees and it's horrible to see him so out of sorts. Maybe text mum and ask about calpol? Then maybe she will offer to collect?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    I'm in exactly the same situation with my 10 month old mindee, he's also refusing food. Texted mum before to see if I can give calpol. Hoping she will offer to pick him up as the crying is upsetting other mindees and it's horrible to see him so out of sorts. Maybe text mum and ask about calpol? Then maybe she will offer to collect?
    Yeah she's refusing her lunch and a yogurt, not like her!! She eats anything and everything!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I would contact parents and ask if I can give some Calpol. She's probably feeling crappy and some Calpol will alleviate some of the symptoms. After all if we feel like that we dose ourselves up and carry on don't we so why should LO's just suffer.

xxx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Did mum come and collect in the end? Poor little mite, its horrible seeing them like this

Post Thanks / Like

Hope mom collected and hope little one gets well soon

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi sorry for the late reply! No mum didn't come LO was fine after long sleep and 3 very hard poos think she had tummy ache

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent one home who was like this last week, turns out the baby had a really high temp first thing in the morning so mum had dosed her up and sent her in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    Hi sorry for the late reply! No mum didn't come LO was fine after long sleep and 3 very hard poos think she had tummy ache
    Awww poor thing

Is she ok now ?

Angel xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicadooby View Post
    I sent one home who was like this last week, turns out the baby had a really high temp first thing in the morning so mum had dosed her up and sent her in
    funny that :roll eyes:

This is why if I feel they need calpol I send them home! If they can't make the normal day without meds they aren't staying!