Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HELP ME!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP ME!!!

I have a child on the 2yo funding. He is doing 10 hours per week so it is spread over the entire year instead of term time only.
    What do i do when i take holiday? I have 1 day off this month that will effect him and 1 week off in july. No one will give me a straight answer when I phone my la.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Funding is for 15hrs so where is he doing the extra 5 each week, if he is doing 10hrs over a week that is only r 2hrs a day can't you just increase the hours one week to cover the ones when you are away.

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

My la allow either 15hours term time only or they can have 10hours but it runs all year.
    I was pretty sure I would be allowed to use his hours elsewhere in the week for the week when I'm off for just 1 day. But what about when it's a full week I'm off?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would just 'bank' the funded hours and allow mum to use them in other weeks. As long as child accesses their hours over the year, I'm sure it's fine.

I only do termtime funding but used to bank 5 hrs a week in July for mum to then use over the summer holidays as 'keep in touch' days.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Banking them and offering them at some other time is acceptable, however, it's my understanding that you are allowed 'training days' throughout the year - check with your LA, I am sure it's around 5 days per year - so if you are off 5 days throughout the year - you can still claim funding even though you don't have the child. And as most childminder uses their own time to do training, planning, paperwork etc.... this work can be allocated to the training days.

6. Likes wee_elf, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

My la allow either 15hours term time only or they can have 10hours but it runs all year.
    I was pretty sure I would be allowed to use his hours elsewhere in the week for the week when I'm off for just 1 day. But what about when it's a full week I'm off?