Medicals
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Medicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Medicals

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what happens during a doctor medical for childminding and is there anything that can go against you? X

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My understanding is that the doctor checks your medical history and completes the form based on your history. You don't have to attend an appointment, I dropped the form off and collected it when it had been completed.

If you have an ongoing or uncontrolled condition that could affect you minding children, that would go against you.

Eg. Depression whilst that can be ongoing, can also be controlled, so that's not necessarily an issue, but unexplained blackouts with no warning or pattern would be a whole different story....

If you have any concerns about an existing/previous condition, have a chat with your doctor