Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: World book day

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default World book day

It's World Book Day next Thursday & whilst looking for dressing-up ideas for older DS, I found some downloads on the official website that would be great for little ones inc a lovely Certificate, Bear Hunt activity sheet & some colouring posters. http://www.worldbookday.com/resource...imary-schools/

I was also wondering how/if those of you with much younger mindees (2&under) might get involved? I'd like to suggest coming dressed up, maybe go on a bear hunt if it's not pouring & do some sort of themed craft so any simple suggestions would be great.

apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

My little ones who are two and I have another just under two have started to take a lot of interest in the gruffalo story so we've decided to celebrate the whole of next week and based it around the gruffalo.

Lucky for me when my youngest was 2 he was obsessed with the gruffalo so I have lots of resources already. We are going to be reading the gruffalo, listening the the story cd, making our own story sacks, colouring sheets, I've printed out some role play masks and laminated them, we are going to take a trip to the library and a trip through the deep dark woods (the park which has lots of grass, trees etc)

The gruffalo is a great book as are classics like 'we're going on a bear hunt' and 'the very hungry caterpillar' that have so many activities you can do with them hence why I'm making a week of it ****** and sparkle box have some great printouts too for classic stories.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are doing activities on the garden based on Room on the Broom. A dragon with cut up carrier bags for flames blowing in the wind. Hunt the wand, ribbon,hat and cauldron. Mud models, building a broom from junk and whatever else the children want to do. Hope the weather is kind to us.