Development Officer visit and my mind has gone blank!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Development Officer visit and my mind has gone blank!

My DO is coming out to see me next week. The problem is I'm not working at the moment and it feels like I've forgotten everything I ever knew about childminding! I gave notice to all my families before Christmas due to stress and ongoing health problems, but am keeping my registration open until it runs out in November so that I can look after a friend's little boy occasionally.

So, what do I need to have ready to show her? Will she be interested in the paperwork from the children I had previously? Have there been any important changes over the last couple of months that I should be aware of? Thanks!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have put her off to be honest especially as you are planning on stopping later in the year. I haven't seen hide nor hair of DO in years

3. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I already had to cancel last week as I was in hospital so I can't really mess her around again unfortunately.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it a requirement that we HAVE to let our DO visit?
    I have not had any contact from mine for 5 years and then get a msg a couple of weeks ago to say she wants to come for a chat. Feel like telling her Ive managed perfectly well for the last 5 years without any help or input from you but actually I have agreed to meet with her as I want to grill her on a few things

xxx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we have to have the come. I have had one come round once in 8 years and that was about 4 years ago

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

if you are not working because of ill health I would tell her this and rearrange if you start back up
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree if you are not working because you are poorly then I would explain that to her and tell her you will let her know when/if you start operating again. If you do have her out, could you quickly just write out a action plan for the next year - if you need training etc? It may give you something to talk about xx

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

In my 24 yrs of c/minding I never, ever had a DO visit me, never heard of any in my area at all xx