Ahhhhh!!! For goodness sake!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhhhh!!! For goodness sake!

So LO who's had a cough all week and had a big temp before leaving last night has thrown up everywhere! Dad is on way. LO has now just informed me that he was sick in his bed last night!!!! Grrr! Why can't these people just take their children to the doctors!

2. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the rant

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I think parents just assume they are (or hoping) they are going to be ok. Last week similar couple if days child sent to me who was clearly unwell.
    It's very unfair - particularly on the poor children who aren't well!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I feel so sorry for the little one. Dad was ok about 48 hr exclusion. Just hope he takes him to the docs

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats bad, they knew he was ill before they brought him to you

Post Thanks / Like

Yea he's been ill all week really. I just don't understand some parents.

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

One often was in hosp Thursday..chest X-ray really bad cough! Came to me Friday..wheezing! So I ask did the hosp perscribe? Yeh an inhaler..er so where is it?? Really!!! A toddler..with can inhaler but dosent send to me when I do school run and soft play etc!! However if this child had an attack and no inhaler is be in serious trouble!!

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a child with a terrible cough his parents eventually took him to doctors who gave him an inhaler. When he came to me I asked them to sign a permission form, we are not using it he doen't like it was their reply. Is it just me or are all parents like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely this breaches your health and safety risk assessing and policy and not allow you to let them use your services!!! Can't believe this, poor LO hope you can get this sorted x

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we need to take a more serious look at the "for a laugh" breathing policy recently posted on here!! X

12. Likes Koala liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    I had a child with a terrible cough his parents eventually took him to doctors who gave him an inhaler. When he came to me I asked them to sign a permission form, we are not using it he doen't like it was their reply. Is it just me or are all parents like this.
    Tough luck if he doesn't like it, if he needs it he has to get it!! My DD (22 months) needs an inhaler when she gets a chest infection, which is a lot!!, and she has times when she struggles against it but she still gets it, at least if she's screaming while taking it I know she's breathing some of it in!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand some people. It's crazy that a child who is obviously in need of a prescribed inhaler isn't given one by their parents because 'they don't like it'. I just hope they took the LO I have to the docs on Friday. Though I've got a bad feeling that they probably didn't.