what would you do? i feel guilty :(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what would you do? i feel guilty :(

I look after a little boy who's mum is becoming a child minder hoping to start in march, I have had an enquiry today for three children starting asap, but to take them on I would need to give notice for this little boy, I know he will be leaving soon anyway an don't want to say no to the three children as I may not get another enquiry for a long time, I would have to give notice to the little boy as his school is not in my area and I already pick up two boys from school where these other three children attend it would make life easier in more ways than one! Not just money, plus I should have this boy mon- Fri an some weeks I am even lucky to have him for 30 min on a Thursday an 9 times out of 10 mum is waiting for me when I get back from school run! I just feel so guilty even tho I know he will be leaving anyway x

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel guilty. You have to think about yourself and your business. If he is leaving anyway I'd go for it

3. Likes Koala liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you can't pay your bills with guilt, I am sure mum will understand, if not, she soon will when she starts minding.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that even if this child wasn't leaving that you would have to think seriously about the new enquiry for 3 children, it sounds like he is using a whole space but you aren't getting much out of it. Is there a holiday club he could attend for a few months until his mum is registered?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Change the contract with boy A so that mum meets you at the school at school finishing time. That way you can hand over and collect the 3 - if mum is late that is unfortunate and you will have to wait for her but that way you are not letting anyone down short term
    Debbie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies, think it harder cos iv never given notice in the three years I have been minding still have all the children I started with.
    Just worried what she will think would u tell her about the other enquiry? I dont need to give notice to make space, its loads of different reasons ie his school, all other children attend say school an I dont drive have to get the bus an will need a double pram an bus company now have signs on the new gas buses cos they r smaller that double prams must be folded!!!!! It will just be so stressful an a mad rush!!!