horses
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: horses

Post Thanks / Like

Default horses

do any of you childmind as well as keeping horses?

I picked up my new pony on friday and wondered if anyone involves their minded children with the everyday care of the horse?

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My dd would love a horse or a dog....she loves animals. She rides on a Sunday morning

I would see no probs with the mindees helping out with strict RA in place and parental permission. You would have to be extra extra careful as if the little ones startle the pony and it kicks or just the general weight of the horse etc.
    Im not really into animals as such so someone with experience, who maybe lives on a farm or similar may have some better advice

It would take a lot of forward planning and but it would be interesting for them to help out and definitely speak with parents first and you would have to have a plan of action to be able to look after child and pony at the same time ie what if a child runs off while you have hold of the pony...what would you do, things like that
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.