Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default waiting list - whats going on?

I have had an enquiry for two full timers for next year May????? I said that I dont have space now but they are welcome to come and visit and then nearer the time touch base or if a place became available in the meantime I could contact them.

It's a shame it's not for a bit later in the year as I'll be loosing 3 to school but I've found recently that some are willing to wait and compromise.

So I've officially started a waiting list! Hubby can't see why its a big deal but I knew you guys would. Lol

2. Likes watgem, loocyloo, lynncjt liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a big deal to me- well done :-)

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

thats brill news x yes we do understand lol x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange isn't it, I had one pencil book today for September 2014,

Post Thanks / Like

Thats fab! Ive only had 3 enquiries so far, one baby i have 4 days and the other 2 i couldnt accomodate their hours unfortunately. Hopefully ill get more enquiries soon! Would love to be in your position and have a waiting list. You know you're doing well x

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in July I pencilled a mum in for full time space next September!! Baby's not due till march next year

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news

I have just had one child leave to go to school, but her hours were quickly snapped up by existing parents.

The next one is scheduled to leave in September 2014 and I'm already getting enquires about the space

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with waiting lists is that nearer the time some of them change their minds. In the meantime you might have turned other work away. I won't pencil anything in unless it's within 3 months. They also need to pay a retainer.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Problem with waiting lists is that nearer the time some of them change their minds. In the meantime you might have turned other work away. I won't pencil anything in unless it's within 3 months. They also need to pay a retainer.
    "Pencil" it in to me literally means keeping in contact til nearer the time and its not a definite until contracts are signed nearer the time- probably 3 months at most as you say. It's handy to have people in mind for further on and keep on touch as you don't know what will happen and they may it in perfectly. However you may have changes sooner and so by penciling it in you are making no commitment.

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats what I've said to the parent.

What I do is I keep name and number and when a place becomes available I give them first refusal.

If its a definite then they must pay a retainer and start settling or parttime in as soon as poss.

I had a parent come and see me with her 8 week old back in Feb for a place in October. I explained that I was expecting a baby in June and therefore unless we started before June then I couldn't care for her baby.

She signed him up straight away for one day a week and using grandparents the other days until he turns one then I'll have him full time.
    Its nice to be wanted that bad. :-)