Sharing information with nursery/pre school
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing information with nursery/pre school

Hi all

I have a 3 nearly 4 year old 2 afternoons a week, he goes to nursery 5 mornings a week. Now I know I need to LJ and all that jazz but how do I show Ofsted that I'm working with thee nursery (which they are more then happy to do)

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. My inspector told me a letter written to the school and with parents permission to do so would be enough . Ofsted do want to see this so keeping a copy in your files to hand of how you have shown the interaction you made with the other settings involved . Or you could also have a childminder to home to school book too and add this to your letter . I also photo copy all letters from the schools and any letters about any bumps or bangs the child had at school .

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucky you! So many nurseries are reluctant to share.

I write a little letter introducing myself and chatting generally about the child.

Ask parents to sign to say they are happy with sharing and then it's just a matter of seeing what the child is doing / working on there and complementing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vikiwizz View Post
    Hi all

I have a 3 nearly 4 year old 2 afternoons a week, he goes to nursery 5 mornings a week. Now I know I need to LJ and all that jazz but how do I show Ofsted that I'm working with thee nursery (which they are more then happy to do)

Thanks
    I do the same as Sarah

Although your nursery are happy to do this it's better to have it all in writing so Ofsted can see that .

Our nursery shows us the child's Lj there every Friday and gives a brief description of what the child has done ..I do the same for them ...anything that they are doing new I incorporate into my own planning / obs

Angel xxx