Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How can schools find room for 2/3 yr olds

So I woke up to hear him many places are needed for children in primary school. Next year even more. So how can schools fit in more children as part oh mgc? Has ET not realised there are not enough places today for children. My answer is to start school at 5/6 and she might find they learn better.

2. Likes lynnslittleuns, watgem liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am living in a high growth area of the country and there aren't enough spaces for all the reception children so we are expanding schools to take 3 x 30 pupil classes each
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes it's ridiculous isn't it! That's why they wanted to stretch nursery ratios and floor space - but that's not the answer either!

Poor children x

5. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The school my DD starts at tomorrow has had to do 3 reception classes this year to meet demand! They have had to build a new classroom. Fine this year but how on earth are they going to fit an extra class in every year? They just don't have the space to build anymore!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local infant already takes 90 children each yea. This year they are taking 4 classes so intake will be 120! But all the local schools take 90 or 120 so we are not alone. Nor are we inner city or particularly densely populated. However we do have far more young families than ever and also a huge influx of Eastern Europeans in the local area which also adds to the number of children. We are told this is a 'bulge' year and numbers will fall again but today's report suggests they won't fall for many years before they rise again. Worrying.