Parents on benefits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parents on benefits

I have a parent who hopefully will be signing a contract next Friday to start the following Monday. She is going to college and will be getting financial help towards childcare costs. Usually I ask parents to pay in advance but realise her money may not have come through in time.
    My question is does anyone know how long it takes for the money to come through and will they pay it in advance. Also will they cover the holidays as the fees are still payable

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent going to college I think from we get paid in arrears termly and half fees during holidays. I am lucky I can a manage in arrears

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had one college parent who also paid in arrears (I am usually in advance too) took about 6 weeks before I got my first payment. The mum often took days off etc so I rarely got a full payment. In the end I got fed up with it and gave notice. I suppose it is down to the parent and how reliable they are too xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlass View Post
    I have had one college parent who also paid in arrears (I am usually in advance too) took about 6 weeks before I got my first payment. The mum often took days off etc so I rarely got a full payment. In the end I got fed up with it and gave notice. I suppose it is down to the parent and how reliable they are too xx
    If they are contracted for a day and choose not to use it don't benefits still pay?
    Mandy xx

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adedwards68 View Post
    If they are contracted for a day and choose not to use it don't benefits still pay?
    With mine the college paid her fees so might be a bit different but they didn't pay it when she didn't turn up for college which she did quite often x