Eeek! Terminating contract, what do I need to do?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eeek! Terminating contract, what do I need to do?

It has been known for a long while that I might be losing eldest mindee in September due to me now being able to do that school run. During June and July we tried to figure out if there was a way we could work it, but instead Mum has decided to use an before and after school club, but keep his sister with me.

Because of this, I never had/did a formal letter of notice to terminate. We both knew for at least 8 weeks it was ending, but never did anything formal... So now I have a contract that is due to end on Friday. What do I need to do to acknowledge it has ended, should I give parent a formal letter. Obviously I know I will have to give over other paper work etc, but what, if anything else?

Also how would you world a letter, I am a bit stuck!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As nothing has been mentioned for 8 week I would speak to Mum just to confirm that you are both in agreement of the end date, then open the letter:

I am just writing to confirm that as per our conversation of xxth xxxxxxxx 20xx that I will no longer be caring for XXXXXXX as I can no longer cover his school.

Then close with an appropriate paragraph saying how you have enjoyed caring for him (if that's the case LOL) and that you are pleased to being able to continue the relationship by still having his sister.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tealady View Post
    As nothing has been mentioned for 8 week I would speak to Mum just to confirm that you are both in agreement of the end date, then open the letter:

I am just writing to confirm that as per our conversation of xxth xxxxxxxx 20xx that I will no longer be caring for XXXXXXX as I can no longer cover his school.

Then close with an appropriate paragraph saying how you have enjoyed caring for him (if that's the case LOL) and that you are pleased to being able to continue the relationship by still having his sister.
    Thank you.

I definitely know he is still leaving as there have been loads of comments like last Friday "Ohh, next week is your last week with X" and then Tuesday "Oh it's the last week!" etc...

Feel quit mixed about him leaving actually... There are definitely things I won't miss, but there are loads of things that I will miss. I have told Mum that in the hols I would like to have him the odd day (free) just so I get to see him!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be having anyone for free no matter how much I care for them lol

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    I wouldn't be having anyone for free no matter how much I care for them lol
    It was mainly for the big annual Halloween and Christmas party we have. I go to my MIL's house and we have some of the parents, it is manic but fun. I would hate for him to miss out and his sister not. Plus is little sister is such a boaster LOL!