Ofsted announces tougher inspections for EY
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Ofsted announces tougher inspections for EY

BUT cms are not included...Ofsted registered cms want to raise quality
    We were invited to respond to the consultation 'Good EY provision for all' so why the exclusion?

Ofsted unveils tougher inspection regime for early years | Nursery World

Post Thanks / Like

I expect it's to do with the proposals for childminder agencies - once this has been sorted then I'm sure we'll find out our fate!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I expect it's to do with the proposals for childminder agencies - once this has been sorted then I'm sure we'll find out our fate!

Miffy xx
    It has indeed got to do with agencies...however the vast and huge majority of cms have expressed concerns on agencies and made it clear we will not join....so why has Wilshaw ignored us in favour of agencies???
    Yes the govt is proposing agencies but he is also very busy pushing and endorsing them as he sees huge savings coming his way.

should it not be the other way round?? he treats Ofsted registered cms 'equally' after all we are his responsibility ...THEN...when the agencies are up and running and have been passed by law he changes things to address them...this is exclusion and very selective at that too!

Wilshaw has been heard saying he does not want to inspect cms...well this makes is clear

Ofsted registered cms or independent cm should have to go through the same process as nurseries and preschools if in future they achieve 'requires improvement'...get re-inspected within 2 years...show improvement and the same rules about 'inadequate' should apply.
    We should not be excluded while waiting for agencies which are only pilots anyway!

I am concerned that very few cms have expressed any concerns on this matter....PLA and some other providers were busy yesterday questioning this...but nothing from Pacey or cms themselves????

Other providers are getting ready to challenge the present inspections regime which is leaving providers downgraded and puzzled...this reform is concerning...yes to raising standards but if in the end we all get downgraded our morale will reach very low levels...many providers will leave especially cms...and Wilshaw will be rubbing his hands as he ushers in 'agencies' which he is very fond of!!!

Ofsted response is easy to read and I agree with the measures to raise standards but not the present chaotic inspection regime.

A new inspection framework is to be published in September and no cms will not be inspected in the same way until the agency framework is sorted...can you imagine the confusion?

I hope many cms will read the response....the consultation 'did not include cms' but cms were invited to respond and 51% of respondents were cms.....is anyone else confused??
    We will be consulted on agencies..but after the 'pilots' and a reply to inspection will come in autumn....we are left trailing behind.

This is the section I am talking about on page 4 (4)
    4. The consultation on the frequency of inspection did not include childminders, as the Government is considering new initiatives in this area, including the proposal for childminder agencies to be established. We will need to assess the impact of this initiative on childminder inspections. After Parliament has finalised decisions about legislative changes that relate to childminders, we will review the frequency of inspection for childcare on domestic settings and consult on our proposals. Our consultation proposals for childminders are likely to be published in the autumn.
    Last edited by Simona; 03-08-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I hope many cms will read the response....the consultation 'did not include cms' but cms were invited to respond and 51% of respondents were cms.....is anyone else confused??
    We will be consulted on agencies..but after the 'pilots' and a reply to inspection will come in autumn....we are left trailing behind.
    I'm confused...although these days it doesn't take a lot
    Those stats just contradict themselves...no minders included in the consultation process however half of the professionals to respond we're minders?
    Surly we should have more of a say in what happens to our profession...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    I'm confused...although these days it doesn't take a lot
    Those stats just contradict themselves...no minders included in the consultation process however half of the professionals to respond we're minders?
    Surly we should have more of a say in what happens to our profession...

Sarah x
    I agree with you......lets wait for the PLA response and also Pacey to whom I have just sent an email as they did not comment at all yesterday....not sure how the other 2 associations have taken this response or how they view it?

Unfortunately all this is very confusing and cms will 'switch off'...some are already as it is non-stop but we must not lower our guard
    How convenient all govt and Oftsed responses are coming in July-August when the majority are enjoying a break...come Sept they will return and not know where to start
    I am concerned that some cms may be thinking of 'throwing the towel in' and join agencies...NO please!

I am not on FB but I understand this happens there...keep this discussion in an open forum not FB because it is restrictive there!