Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Children at full time school and fees to charge

Hi again

I just posted a thread about what to charge and what to include in charges but I also need to know from you helpful people, how do I charge for a 5 year old who I may have 1 hour before school and say 3 hours after school, would it be just 4 hours and if so would it be the same rate as younger children? OR do you charge for the time they are at school as well

Also what do we charge for the over 8 maybe to look after before and after school?

Also how do parents pay us, is there a banking system we can use, do they pay cash and how much deposit do we take?

thanks again

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

It's your business so do it how ever you want. There's no right or wrong way, it's down to how you want thins done.
    I charge a slightly higher rate for school children, only by 50p an hour. I don't charge while they're at school as I could easily fill this space & they don't come into the ey numbers anyway.

I have a couple of parents who pay me cash, some do direct bank transfers & another who does a bit of both. I get paid at different times of the month by each family.
    Hth

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge over 8's at the same rate as understand, again your choice what you want to charge.

With deposits I have some who I've charged 2 weeks fees which will come off the 1st months fees. Another family didn't pay a deposit, they pay in advance & lo started immediately. And another family who have paid a months fees which will come off their final bill.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I set a morning rate for before school and after school rate. I found that if I did hourly after school then parents could pick up an hour after school and pay me £4 which I didn't consider worth it. Now I charge 3.20 - 6pm and if they collect early then that is fine but I still get paid the same
    Debbie

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge the same hourly rate as I do for preschool children but I have a minimum of 2 hours a day after school. So in your scenario I would charge for 4 hours at my standard rate every booked day during term time then during school holidays I would charge the full day.

With school age children I don't charge when they are at school as they are not taking up a pre-school place. However if they were younger and were at nursery then I would charge for the 2-3 hours that they were at nursery as they are paying for a pre-school place. IYSWIM