Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Emergency Cover

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Emergency Cover

Hi

I am in the process of becoming a registered childminder and am a little worried as I do not know many people where I live nor do I know any other childminders! What do I do if there is an emergency?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In a true emergency husband, partner, next door neighbour, third cousin 3 times removed

Anyone who is available at the time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

The woman who did my pre reg training used to be a childminder. She said that there was one day she had an emergency, had to take a mindee to hospital. She hasn't got anyone near by to have kids, ended up taking them to the local school & the head teacher looked after them in the school office.
    In a genuine emergency as long as you trust the person & the parents know where to collect from it doesn't matter who looks after them x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also, if you are attending a course with other pre reg minders, I'm sure you can 'buddy up' with someone in the same position

Sadly none of my fellow attendees were in my area, but the next course had and my DO put us in touch with each other so we're both sorted now

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone took me a while to find my question and replies!!! Feel much better now knowing what to do!!