Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you charge?

Hi all, I have a girl starting in Sept just an after schoolie (3.30-5.30pm)
    Mum wants TTO contract but is very much out for as cheap childcare as she can possibly get, told me she'd chosen me because I was 20p per hour cheaper than another minder
    Was wondering if I should charge for the school hols and if so, should it be half price or full? I know it's up to me what I charge really but just wanting general advice because if I do charge half price for hols I'm positive she'll argue with it and wondering if its worth it xx

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ask yourself what it is worth to you to get the contract . I would be inclined to have a higher fee for term time only contracts if you work/want to work year round . But it depends how desperate you are.........

3. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge a retainer for holidays for school aged children as it means I would have to be available for them if they wanted those hours in holiday time, but 1/2 sept fees have to be paid in aug as a non refundable deposit to secure their place in sept.
    I don't charge hourly rates but charge a set session fee. But one thing I do make clear is that they do not have a space reserved for them in school holidays and if they did want any care in school holidays they would have to book in advance and would be down to if I had any space and that I might well be already full. I am considering introducing a higher rate for ad hoc / emergency care. You will have to be careful what you agree with tto eg insets etc who will provide care for the girl?

5. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't charge a retainer in the hols for after school children. You cannot really provide just the 2 1/2 hours per day that you do in term time as it would/could spoil your holiday activities and outings so it seems a bit unfair to charge for it.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seperate term time only contracts I do not charge an hourly fee. I charge a set before and after school fee. I have other children who attend school holidays only so it evens itself out
    . I prefer it like this as I have 4 children term time only 1 is before and after school, 1 is after school only, 1 is a 3 year old 15 hours funded and the other is a 2 year old whose parent is a part time teaching assistant.
    During holidays I have a 7 year old who attends full time and a 10 year old who attends as and when needed. And with my own 5 and 10 year old I can have quality days out with 4 boys two of them bing my own and no need to worry about naps and nappies!!!!!!
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.