Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you have a business name also do you have business account

Was wondering if you just put childminder and your name or actually have a business name? I was thinking about having a business name but not sure.

Was thinking aellaschildminding or aellas childcare.

It's my initials of all my name.

Secondly do you have a separate business account or do you use your personal account?

Angie :-)

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website www.suzieschildminding.co.uk and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post
    Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website www.suzieschildminding.co.uk and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x
    I love your website.
    So I could use aellaschildminding as a web address if its available and use my name
    Tshirts that's a good idea for identification and also protects your own clothes.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a business account either and name is Trickey tots which is my surname

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post
    Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website Suzie's Childminding, Registered Childminder in Eastburn, West Yorkshire and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x
    Great website! I really want to set one up of my own and this one has lots of good ideas to get started with it xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Also my business name is Kelly's Kidz, my partner thought of it and I love it. I have it printed n my business cards and on the sign outside my house. Also all the kids have Kelly's Kidz and my phone number printed on the back of their hi vis jackets which they wear on outings so its a good way to advertise

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use samijanechildminding and just use my normal account, I am contemplating getting the tee shirts, I really need to think about cards and a car sticker as well.. Would you say they make a difference?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be careful about advertising outside your own home and on your car. You are letting people know you work at home along with young children and where you live. Potential safeguarding risk.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'd say they make a difference, two of my kids are in my care because their mums stopped me when out and about and asked if I was a cm and if they could come for a visit

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aella851 View Post

I love your website.
    So I could use aellaschildminding as a web address if its available and use my name
    Tshirts that's a good idea for identification and also protects your own clothes.

Pauline did my website, it was 55 pounds (i think for the year) although you can get it cheaper through her if you have adverts on it. She has a facebook page think its childminders websites x

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am 'Gigglebox Childminding'

I just use a separate bank account not a business account

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am Debbies Daycare. Pauline does my website www.debbies-daycare.co.uk. I have a seperate account but not a business account I am not paying fees for one. I don't advertise on my house, I do have car stickers mainly in the hope that people will leave me enough space to get children in and out of car and get double buggy out of boot!!! The stickers come off when we are at home and at weekends.i have polo shirts, fleece and waterproof jacket with Debbies Daycare on them.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to be called Amanda's Little Pandas

Business accounts are totally up to you. Altho i have considered getting one.

Xxx
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am Sarah CDs Childminding and I don't have a separate bank account, jut use my normal joint account with my dh. My website is Home - Sarah CDs Childminding and facebook page www.facebook.com/sarahcdschildminding

I did the website myself through Moonfruits free package....

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Kanga and Roos. No business account.

Simona Guest

Childminding is a 'business' and we, the cms, are the business whatever we choose to call ourselves
    A separate account would be better, no need to have a business one where you pay charges but one dedicated solely to your financial affairs is better

I don't know anyone in any other profession who runs a business who shares it with their personal account...it must be very complicated separating what belongs to you from what is the business side of things? that is how things were done a long time ago
    I know my accountant would not allow sharing personal and business.

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of having on my business cards business name aellas childminding (its the initials of all my name. What do you think?

I thinking about a separate account. Do use pay things like your utility bills through the work account?

Simona Guest

Gas, electricity, water and phone should be paid out of your personal account...then claim the percentage allowed under 'Tax Free Allowances' ...you also claim 10% of your fees for Wear and Tear

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Gas, electricity, water and phone should be paid out of your personal account...then claim the percentage allowed under 'Tax Free Allowances' ...you also claim 10% of your fees for Wear and Tear
    So is that 10% of the hourly rate you charge the parents? For wear and tear

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aella851 View Post
    So is that 10% of the hourly rate you charge the parents? For wear and tear
    Its 10% of whatever you earn before expenses
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast