Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default double buggy advice

Hi, i use buses all the time as dont drive, need a double, have had numerous ones and really struggling to find one that will fit on a bus without having to unload and fold up. Needs to be a side by side as i physically can not push a tandem, have had a couple and when they have 2 toddlers in they too heavy. Currently have a real basic umbrella fold that doesnt even recline and that only just fits with a bit of persuasion and lots of pushing and shoving and holding the bus up! Makes the grumpygrannies moan a lot when i get on and off the bus. my basic one doesnt have a raincover and need a cover due to this excessively sunny summer we are having, cant put a universal raincover on it as it doesnt have hood to hold the cover in place. Any ideas please, am getting desperate.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the twin city stroller?

Im in. The same position as i don't drive either and have been looking for the ideal one.

I really like the phil and teds range but would much prefer a side by side.

Hth xx
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say a phil and ted would suit you best and is so much easier to push than the majority of side by sides. I have a Mclaren twin triumph which is fairly narrow and light to push but I'd say narrowness is the most important factor when getting n the bus.

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont like the phil and teds style, not happy having one under the other, plus have borrowed a nieghbours and didnt get on with it still found it heavy with 2 toddlers.
    Have you tried yours on the bus Blue bear?x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny P View Post
    i dont like the phil and teds style, not happy having one under the other, plus have borrowed a nieghbours and didnt get on with it still found it heavy with 2 toddlers.
    Have you tried yours on the bus Blue bear?x
    Hi I have McLaren twin triumph too and I get on the bus fine with it, I'm thinking about getting nipper 360 as do lots of walking every day but will probably use the McLaren for buses x

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't drive so use buses a lot. I've got a baby jogger city mini side by side and it fits on and off fine