Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feeling guilty

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling guilty

Why when you tell parents you are booking some holiday, even when it is 4 months in advance they make you feel guilty!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I know! I go away in 2 weeks time! We booked this holiday last May so she's had over a years notice and she's still panicking about sorting childcare for the two weeks we are away.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean I hand out a news letter at the beginning of the year with my holidays on it and one of the parents threatened to leave as I was taking too much. I did point out it was only 4 weeks for the whole year and she stayed in the end but still makes me feel guilty.

Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible, I take the same holidays every year and always point that out to parents. Childminders need holidays too :-)

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had one parent that tried to make me feel guilty, claimed she couldn't book any more time off for my holiday at Easter that she'd known about since January.

What I wanted to say was - no love, that doesn't surprise me, you've used all your holiday entitlement to have long weekends away without your child forgetting that I'm entitled to holidays too!

What I actually said was oh dear, never mind, and gave her contact details of other minders with available spaces for her to contact, and the FIS number (which she already had as she found me from them)

One minder I know she finally did contact the week before () was £5 per day more expensive than me because she didn't see why she should reduce her rate for a 1 week contract (I don't have a problem with that, she doesn't benefit from the year round contract I have)

Miraculously, mum managed to book the week off after all