safeguarding training online can anyone recomend one ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default safeguarding training online can anyone recomend one ?

Im looking for a safeguarding training online but not sure which one to do ? advise please thanks R

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your safeguarding course must be local authority approved - that is one of the requirements of the EYFS 2012.

So you need to talk to your local people and find out what course they say you can attend. Don't pick one from the internet at random - you might be wasting your money.

Hope this helps!

oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thank you for your advise, I can't make evenings with my local young in herts course so i was going to use PACEY ? online ? do you think this will be ok if not then i will call my hertford council and see if they are putting on some more courses for saturdays ? thanks rose

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosemagen View Post
    Hi thank you for your advise, I can't make evenings with my local young in herts course so i was going to use PACEY ? online ? do you think this will be ok if not then i will call my hertford council and see if they are putting on some more courses for saturdays ? thanks rose
    Only your LA can tell you if the Pacey course is acceptable. Give them a ring.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep checking the web site. I have done 1 on a Saturday and friend did 1 on a Tuesday evening. You could ring the early years worker and ask. I'm in St. Albans so got told about a Saturday one. .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    Keep checking the web site. I have done 1 on a Saturday and friend did 1 on a Tuesday evening. You could ring the early years worker and ask. I'm in St. Albans so got told about a Saturday one. .
    That would be good if there were some on Tuesdays and Saturdays around st a!! I know I don't have to have it being a nanny, and not a requirement of my ofsted registration but it all helps!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

As a nanny you could do the nspcc online course. As it is not a requirement of registration. Talk to the people at BAPAN former info.

oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    As a nanny you could do the nspcc online course. As it is not a requirement of registration. Talk to the people at BAPAN former info.
    Thanks for your advice.... YIH have got one this tue 4th June but its in bushy which is miles away from Hertford and I don't have a sitter for my daughter who 6 1/2 years might try PACEY online

oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, great news I have phone my HCC and they have said send a email to younginhertstrainging@hertfordshire.gov.uk explaining you unable to attend evening course and they will respond with an email and password to do it online ! yipppppppppp !