Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Medication taken form

I have a child who has a little eczema on his hands so mum has brought some cream which the dr prescribed. Is basically just like an aqueous cream and I have to apply it once a day before he goes down for his sleep.

She filled out a form last week which said apply everyday etc.etc.

Now, when a child is on any kind of medication I fill out a form for me to keep, parent and myself signs and a form which I put in their diary. So basically a duplicate.

So thurs, fri and today I've filled in six forms..... D you think I need to keep filling a form out everyday just for the application of the cream?
    I obviously would for antibiotics,Calpol or any kind of oral medicine and I do for inhalers. But I'm just wondering if I'm filling forms for the sake just for a bit of cream
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Short Term Medication Form for one off's or 2 / 3 days eg Calpol, Anti-B's etc and then a Long Term form which I would use for something like this. I use a long term medication form for a LO who has asthma.

xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a long term medication form for children who need cream daily - I get permission then note it in their diary when I have eg put on cream or teething gel.

I then have a form with space for lots of entries - quick note of date, time and administered xx and ask parents to sign each day.

For more serious medication of course it's a form per time - but for emollient creams etc once I have permission I just get on with it.

Hth