Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Exception to ratios

or whatever it's called now, lol!
    After reading Sarah's brilliant advice (thankyou Sarah!!!) and loads of threads about this I have two more points to clarify, if anyone can help?

Does the RA for making an exception need to be in writing?

I was previously granted a variation to have a child for extra days which meant I had four on two days a week for a period of about six months. The new guidance talks about exceptional circumstances which I take to mean a parent needing an extra day or a few hours extra care for some reason, causing an overlap.
    What if the circumstances are a bit more permanent though and an existing parent requests extra hours which would cause an overlap on one day a week between now and September, can we do this? Am thinking that if this was allowed by Ofsted before then it would still be ok but am I wrong?

Any help appreciated!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All mine are written down and so I have evidence if Ofsted were to come round.
    I find them tedious as I've now done about 7 which are all basically stating the same info.

Iv'e just done one this morning actually (hate them..lol) because my mindee of 3 days a week needs to come an extra day from May so I'll have 4 on Thursdays. It will run from 9th May until my other Mindee goes to school (12th July, as shes term time only)
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The requirements do not state RA must be in writing but mine is written - I don't want to have to explain it verbally to an inspector if someone makes a complaint against me - I want it in writing to show I have thought it through carefully.

Hth

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post