Garden ideas - what can I do with my present from dh?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garden ideas - what can I do with my present from dh?

Dh brought me a present this week... eight logs, maybe three ft long and nine inches in diameter. He said he saw the trees being felled and thought of me, how well he knows me!

Does anyone have any ideas? I wanted to have a log sitting area, shamelessly stolen from someone here who has similar, but they are a little too small in diameter for that...
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Dh brought me a present this week... eight logs, maybe three ft long and nine inches in diameter. He said he saw the trees being felled and thought of me, how well he knows me!

Does anyone have any ideas? I wanted to have a log sitting area, shamelessly stolen from someone here who has similar, but they are a little too small in diameter for that...
    Have you or anyone you know got a circular saw you could cut them into discs and sand them so kids could stack them or use them in role play etc

3. Likes Rosy Days liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you turn them on their sides and cut into them like little arm chairs?

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're too small for chairs unfortunately. Don't have a circular.saw but do have a bribeable husband and a hand saw .
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

If possible, disc one, make the underside of one flat so that it can be a balance beam, and chop the last one into bigger chunks to build with, a disc on top of a stump = a table!
    Cool dh to realise the potential, hope the woodwork doesn't put him off!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very big pencils? You'd need to make one end pointy and paint them :-) Not very 'natural' or practical, just decorative really. But put them on a dry / drainable surface or they just rot down eventually....

Oooh - Unless THAT's the plan? Turn them into a mini-beast 'home' and stuff the gaps with rotting leaves and clumps of turf. Maybe you could do that in such a way that there is an easy to remove part, so you can look inside at all the wriggling going on!

Oooo - quite want some logs myself now...

8. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm jealous

I want some logs too

Pics please when you decide

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Stepping stones? Cut at different heights and dug into the ground so the kids can hop across them?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely husband - whenever we are out in the woods dog walking and I see a log I say to my husband "that would be good in the garden" and he says "you carry it back to the car then, and I'll help you put it in"!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    What a lovely husband - whenever we are out in the woods dog walking and I see a log I say to my husband "that would be good in the garden" and he says "you carry it back to the car then, and I'll help you put it in"!
    My dh says that all the time basically refusing to carry it :-)
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door