Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so impatient!

I'm waiting on a mum contacting me regarding taking on her child starting next month. She works with my mil and added me on my Facebook business page this morning. Mil said she will be contacting me as she wants me to have her. I hate waiting though and have been stalking my Facebook all day

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not wait till I am full and I can stop looking at childcare.co.uk every few hours. I am driving myself mad!

3. Likes sprinkles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the exact same thing! I go between this forum, childcare.co.uk and face book! I need a life!!! Lol x

5. Likes melco liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muddybootskids View Post
    I do the exact same thing! I go between this forum, childcare.co.uk and face book! I need a life!!! Lol x
    haha you found this forum life as you know it has changed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I'm waiting on a mum contacting me regarding taking on her child starting next month. She works with my mil and added me on my Facebook business page this morning. Mil said she will be contacting me as she wants me to have her. I hate waiting though and have been stalking my Facebook all day

Hope she contacts you soon

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

I am exactly the same, I'm stalking myself on childcare.co.uk the only person that has viewed my profile is me!! Has anyone else had problems uploading a picture for profile on childcare.co.uk? Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I'm not the only one ! Lol
    Mandy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Iv had two enquiries but they haven't got back to me. I hate it when parents don't reply or dont bother say sorry but we found someone. It's frustrating.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 5 people visit and only 2 said they wrre not coming. One told me the nursery she was going to and I didn't tell her that it had a terrible reputation.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I bumped into some who had enquiried with me a few weeks ago. She said she had decided to go with the local private nursery because "it has everything for children". I just looked at my OH, who was trying not to laugh!

I sent the lady a message on Facebook with my website address so she could have a look. She's looked at the message but not bothered to reply!! she's not giving herself much time if I can't take the child on as she goes back to work next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh god I'm the same I have only been fully reg for 2 weeks but feel I'm never goons get any mindees. If no when I do bet I will miss the quiet lol x

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing leaflet drops, delivered over 500 and not got one response, bit disappointing Xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My phone has hardly rung for 6 months and then now I have filled my last space (word of mouth recommendation) I have had 2 or 3 phone calls each week - for those of you with spaces could you ask other childminders you know to pass on your number if they can't help the parent with the enquiry. I say to parents "I'm sorry I haven't got any spaces at the moment, but I know X has" - then even if they have a list of other people to ring they often ring the person I recommended first - my X is now full, so I need to find a Y to recommend!

16. Likes melco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been registered since middle of feb and had 2 parents in the last week visit and both want me one little one started the next day! Lol one was was childcare.co.uk the other one was the council web site! However, a mum that was showing interest 9 weeks ago and has cancelled 3times and then I heard nothing until I messaged her last week wants to come round Wednesday to view!!! Well she can come but won't have the spaces she wants!!!! Ha ha ha should of got in sooner! That will teach her let her come and see what she is going to be missing xxx

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

She's still not replied to me which is frustrating and making me think she's a bit rude! I can see when she's been active but still never bothered to reply.

A quick message back to say thanks, she'll look at my website and get back to me takes literally 30 seconds especially since she's asked my mil to ask me to keep a space for her...ehm not if you can't contact me!

I really hate rude people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    She's still not replied to me which is frustrating and making me think she's a bit rude! I can see when she's been active but still never bothered to reply.

A quick message back to say thanks, she'll look at my website and get back to me takes literally 30 seconds especially since she's asked my mil to ask me to keep a space for her...ehm not if you can't contact me!

I really hate rude people.
    She might not be in any direct rush yet
    She might be looking at her options too and if it's next month she wants you she may not feel any great urgency to contact you

I think she's rude not to acknowledge you but hey most people are like that these days

Be patient I'm sure she will contact you soon when you least expect it

Angel xxx

20. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too had one person asking about part time place gave her all the info and not heard anything back, tempted to contact her again, but then i feel like I'm pestering her for her business Xx

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

She might not be in any direct rush yet
    She might be looking at her options too and if it's next month she wants you she may not feel any great urgency to contact you

I think she's rude not to acknowledge you but hey most people are like that these days

Be patient I'm sure she will contact you soon when you least expect it

Angel xxx
    True, however May is only a few weeks away and I would still need to give notice at my work and arrange settling in. She's also not leaving herself much time to find alternative care if I can't take them on.

Hey ho, it's her problem

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
    I too had one person asking about part time place gave her all the info and not heard anything back, tempted to contact her again, but then i feel like I'm pestering her for her business Xx
    Ah yeah, I had someone ask for info a few weeks ago and has never got back to me. I can't be bothered to chase!

I went back to the woman who went with the nursery because I had another enquiry for a day she wanted and both children are under 1.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is best once you have contacted them to then wait for their reply. I have had a few asking for care or to come for a visit, I then replied but they never got back to me. For some I sent follow up messages but they never got back to me anyway. I would rather have the parents that have chosen me and they contact me, that way I know they are serious and are not going to leave when they find someone else. If the other parents get back to me later it is likely I will not be able to accommodate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast