Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I had an 'inspection' today

I'm a new childminder and my children are still getting used to me working with other children within our home, especially my 6yr old who hasn't experienced becoming a big sister.

Today she appeared by my side and announced that she had come to inspect our house. Her first question was whether I always give people presents for their birthday and then she asked if I "cared about kids" (ie do I still love her best!) and then there were quite a few Ofsted-esque questions about what activities I do with children.

Anyway, she's left me a copy of the report she wrote (which also says the house is clean ) and she told me straight away that I've passed!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sweet. It's amazing what they actually notice isn't it

Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

aww how sweet, I am only pre-reg start course in June but my lo's are so excited planning out the playroom etc they are too cute, but I do have strict instruction that my almost 7 year old boys room is out of bounds but my 4 year old girl said they can all share her room lol

4. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Can she come and do mynext inspection please, thi k she will make an excellent ofsted inspector

6. Likes marie55, christine e liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Can she come and do mynext inspection please, thi k she will make an excellent ofsted inspector
    I think you'd do fine as long as you gave her a present!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That is lovely

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aww that's lovely

my two on the hand are a little bit older, 12 and 15, and 'threaten' me with a call to Ofsted if they don't get their own way (in a joking way I might add, and never with mindees present)
    eg, my 12 year old has the appetite of a horse - never stops eating, so when, at bedtime, he starts asking for food he's all 'hmmm, sending a child to bed starving, oh Ofsted.....'
    Or the 15 year old that wanted to stay out till midnight (erm I don't think so!) thinks ofsted would be interested in how I am restricting her social development....yep and I'm covering the safeguarding aspect instead says me

Kids, gotta love 'em - coz I can't send them back

10. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sweet, interesting how much children of that age take in.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiddlywinks - I'm sure I will be hearing similar in the future!

My 12 and 9yr old are mainly interested in the pocket money rise I've given them now I am working!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw, made me smile! Very sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Great news

Well done to you

Angel xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Awe very cute. I too had an 'inspection' from my 4 year old daugher which went something like this..
    'They can't touch my toys, well they can exept for my dolls house, furby and pony. You're not looking after boys are you? Well they should stay in the garden. They can have their dinner inside maybe. Where will they go to the toilet, don't let them touch my toothbrush. I think I'll like the babies, you can change their nappies, I'll do the rest when I get home from school. Where will they sleep? In the hallway? There's loads of room on the floor there. Can I take one to school with me? A baby so I can show my friends? Make sure you paint with them, kids love to paint. With glitter paint. Also get some nice food for them like sweets and haribos. Probably cheese too for something different. Will they be nice to me? I think I'll be nice to them...'

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, Kellyskidz! and lol at the boys staying in the garden - very wise!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    Awe very cute. I too had an 'inspection' from my 4 year old daugher which went something like this..
    'They can't touch my toys, well they can exept for my dolls house, furby and pony. You're not looking after boys are you? Well they should stay in the garden. They can have their dinner inside maybe. Where will they go to the toilet, don't let them touch my toothbrush. I think I'll like the babies, you can change their nappies, I'll do the rest when I get home from school. Where will they sleep? In the hallway? There's loads of room on the floor there. Can I take one to school with me? A baby so I can show my friends? Make sure you paint with them, kids love to paint. With glitter paint. Also get some nice food for them like sweets and haribos. Probably cheese too for something different. Will they be nice to me? I think I'll be nice to them...'
    So funny!! And the PPS inspector just gorgeous !!