Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p.a.c.e.y

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default p.a.c.e.y

Hmmm, just did a search for pacey and got a character out of Dawson's Creek. Their childminding contracts are now £10.00 and I see all the NCMA branding has been removed from the front covers. I wonder what they are doing with all the old ones? It would be nice to think they would sell them off for a discount but somehow I think not. I can see me joining MM when my subscription is up for renewal in July.

Business Just so expensive

2. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure NCMA contracts etc were on sale at a reduced price just before the rebranding. I read somewhere that the "old" paperwork will be valid for 12 months from when they became PACEY.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I bought some discounted paperwork last month, and somewhere on the site it says that it is fine to use old paperwork whilst you have it, so that's what I'm going to do. If I remember rightly the contracts were £9/£18 before, so not too big a hike, but still more than I'd really like to pay! It did make me laugh when I searched for the p word and got the dawson's creek character!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have been nice if the new stationery had been back from the printers before the old stock ran out, but I guess that demands a basic level of competence. I'm still waiting for contracts and could well lose a particularly nervous potential client as a result. Thanks.

Hello PACEY, can I spell it out to you guys:

PLANNING IS WHAT YOU DO BEFORE THE EVENT !!!!!!

7. Likes mum24 liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a Quick look at the site, I'm confused as to why a nursery worker would join them over other bodies? Also when they describe different types of childcare nannies and childminders care for the children year nurseries and pre school educate the children!!! What are they trying to say?

Not very appealing .

9. Likes watgem liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    It would have been nice if the new stationery had been back from the printers before the old stock ran out, but I guess that demands a basic level of competence. I'm still waiting for contracts and could well lose a particularly nervous potential client as a result. Thanks.

Hello PACEY, can I spell it out to you guys:

PLANNING IS WHAT YOU DO BEFORE THE EVENT !!!!!!
    I should have an old ncma contract if you need one
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I Had to buy all new contacts books and hold forms and register weeks before they changed name at full price tol! would of been nice to be given pacey ones knowing the change!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

First, my declaration of interest: I'm a PACEY member and I have absolutely no problem with them widening the membership to other childcare industry workers. What I object to is the bare-faced dishonesty they are displaying with regard to the reasons for doing so.

This is best demonstrated in the feature article by the PACEY top brass in the re-launched (all-new, all-singing, all-dancing, "let's get the word 'professional' into this publication far more times than is even plausible" the childcare professional magazine. In it, Joint Chief Executives Liz Bayram and Catherine Farrell bang on tediously about that meaningless word "professional" (again) whilst promoting the benefits of widening membership to nursery staff, etc.

The spin being put on this is in stark contrast to the reality of the so-called "consultation" process carried out. The truth is that CMs are not prepared to pay what it costs to keep NCMA going at the current level of service standards. Now we can debate fees and what actual service standards are until the cows come home, but the balance sheet doesn't lie, and no way would CMs stump up what it costs to run a professional association for a genuine 'profession' (eg. The Law Society). In fact, CMs have been leaving NCMA for a number of reasons, one of the main ones being cost of membership.

The Bayram & Farrell article pushes the positive aspects of wider membership (which I'm fine with), but without ever mentioning the grave concern expressed by many CMs about possible 'dilution' of the specifically CM-oriented service, which is frankly quite disengenuous of them. This is a big worry for CMs I know locally, and was reflected by the vast majority of those at the regional forum where this was discussed. To ignore and gloss over the issue is nothing more than a massive insult to CMs, and an indication that the chief execs are happy to railroad a PR message right through the legitimate concerns of their membership.

I say this, even though I'm not personally bothered by the wider membership. But I am aware that many/most CM members are, and their concerns need to be acknowledged and addressed, even if I don't personally share their views.

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry am writing a running does this mean the old ncma contracts are no longer valid !? Am thinking of mm too when mine runs out

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I should have an old ncma contract if you need one
    Ooooh, there's a cunning way of getting my address for your next planned abduction attempt!

Seriously, thanks for the offer. Actually I have one copy and need another, but suspect I may be obliged to resort to a photocopy for now, then replace it when the new contracts arrive.

What I really ought to do is call PACEY's legal department to check they'll give me legal protection againt an IPR suit that PACEY legal might conceivable action against me for photocopying one of their forms due to PACEY shop's failure to get its backside in gear.

15. Likes lorettacritchet liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jashol View Post
    Sorry am writing a running does this mean the old ncma contracts are no longer valid !? Am thinking of mm too when mine runs out
    PACEY told me the NCMA contracts remain legal and will be supported by PACEY if completed correctly.

An NCMA DO told me they expect all contracts to be renewed and re-signed at least every 12 months.

That said, this particular DO has IMHO lime jelly for brains so I'm very circumspect about trusting anything she tells me.

17. Likes Wheelybug liked this post
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

your ncma contracts are still valid - it is my understanding that there will be stickers available to put over the old logo - please bear with me and I will get back to you on this

Christine

19. Likes N/A, Ripeberry, allison liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I have to be good before I get a sticker?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooooh, there's a cunning way of getting my address for your next planned abduction attempt!

Seriously, thanks for the offer. Actually I have one copy and need another, but suspect I may be obliged to resort to a photocopy for now, then replace it when the new contracts arrive.

What I really ought to do is call PACEY's legal department to check they'll give me legal protection againt an IPR suit that PACEY legal might conceivable action against me for photocopying one of their forms due to PACEY shop's failure to get its backside in gear.
    Damm and blast you saw through my ruse :-D
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do I have to be good before I get a sticker?
    maybe

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm going to give them a year to see how it all works out, I've just renewed with PACEY after much soul searching, as I've been with them since I started in 1990.

With the money restrictions PACEY is facing I really hope there is a way forward that means we still get a level of support

Allie

24. Likes Muffin liked this post
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well I'm going to give them a year to see how it all works out, I've just renewed with PACEY after much soul searching, as I've been with them since I started in 1990.

With the money restrictions PACEY is facing I really hope there is a way forward that means we still get a level of support

Allie
    I feel that with the threat of agencies being introduced to provide the training and support for CMs, PACEY is fearing redundancy and therefore they have to widen their audience to keep going. If the Truss 'what-a-load-of-b...ks' reform gets approved, LAs will no longer have funding for training CMs - here in Kent, Kent CC subsides support for CMs to the local PACEY office. If funds are stopped, quite a few people will lose their jobs as a result. :-(

However I do share concerns re losing the CM specific focus and therefore diluting the support we get. Which is very worrying... who would lobby on our behalf? Feeling like a Dodo at the turning of the 17th century... (and looking like one right now!)

Maria xx

26. Likes mum24 liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

as my insurance is with mm and i am a member of pacy, not do i have to reprint my buisness cards? i use contracts from other places. the worst thing about pacy insurance is that you HAVE to use their contracts. I rejoined so that they would use the money to fight ET and her alien reforms.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

First, my declaration of interest: I'm a PACEY member and I have absolutely no problem with them widening the membership to other childcare industry workers. What I object to is the bare-faced dishonesty they are displaying with regard to the reasons for doing so.

This is best demonstrated in the feature article by the PACEY top brass in the re-launched (all-new, all-singing, all-dancing, "let's get the word 'professional' into this publication far more times than is even plausible" the childcare professional magazine. In it, Joint Chief Executives Liz Bayram and Catherine Farrell bang on tediously about that meaningless word "professional" (again) whilst promoting the benefits of widening membership to nursery staff, etc.

The spin being put on this is in stark contrast to the reality of the so-called "consultation" process carried out. The truth is that CMs are not prepared to pay what it costs to keep NCMA going at the current level of service standards. Now we can debate fees and what actual service standards are until the cows come home, but the balance sheet doesn't lie, and no way would CMs stump up what it costs to run a professional association for a genuine 'profession' (eg. The Law Society). In fact, CMs have been leaving NCMA for a number of reasons, one of the main ones being cost of membership.

The Bayram & Farrell article pushes the positive aspects of wider membership (which I'm fine with), but without ever mentioning the grave concern expressed by many CMs about possible 'dilution' of the specifically CM-oriented service, which is frankly quite disengenuous of them. This is a big worry for CMs I know locally, and was reflected by the vast majority of those at the regional forum where this was discussed. To ignore and gloss over the issue is nothing more than a massive insult to CMs, and an indication that the chief execs are happy to railroad a PR message right through the legitimate concerns of their membership.

I say this, even though I'm not personally bothered by the wider membership. But I am aware that many/most CM members are, and their concerns need to be acknowledged and addressed, even if I don't personally share their views.
    As an NPF (National Policy Forum Member) I had to vote on the name and changes and ratify any board decisions. Data was used from forums, online forums and other means of communication. It is very apparant from childminders at my meeting that people do not always communicate their feelings to the best people. i.e. our members were a bit unsure of the new look magazine but not one of them contacted the editor and expressed their dissatisfaction, so how could it be changed?

I appreciate that there are childminders out there unsure of the changes but are they saying that to PACEY or just those in their local circle?
    Debbie

29. Likes manjay liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    as my insurance is with mm and i am a member of pacy, not do i have to reprint my buisness cards? i use contracts from other places. the worst thing about pacy insurance is that you HAVE to use their contracts. I rejoined so that they would use the money to fight ET and her alien reforms.
    NO you don't and whoever is saying this is very outdated. I checked with the insurers themselves. PACEY insurance is the same as MM
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast