Another childminder to register in my home?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another childminder to register in my home?

My young assistant is considering doing the cm course to become my partner and work in my house only. Is this even possible? Would Ofsted allow it or would she have to be registered and inspected and approved in her house? (she still lives with her parents)
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting again ...

Post Thanks / Like

It should be ok for her to register at your address. Ring ofsted best people to ask.

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default assistants

When my daughter was going to register as a childminder in my home the CSSIW told us that she would have to have her own paper work and her own inspection .

Post Thanks / Like

Iv heard that too.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Yes I expected that but wondered of someone was allowed to register on another person's house.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My development officer is always trying to convince me to get my assistant trained up as a cm so then I can leave her alone with the children for more than two hours so from that I believe it is possible.

Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

They way I understand it is that we will both be inspected separately to check we both have understanding of everything. We were told they usually try to inspect you both on the same day so to much disruption is not caused.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously there could be space issues, and in some areas having 2 minders at one home can mean planning implications as there could be an increase in cars etc -impact on the neighbours.
    I know of a minder who ended up with 3 of them working together,but they have had to reduce that now due to planning and complaints.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I live and work alongside my mum. We are both registered childminders.

We went through all the courses together but I started minding first as I had no over work commitments. I had my own Ofsted inspection within a couple of months starting. My mum had hers in Feb this year and Mrs O said we could have asked to have our inspection together.

We have one set of paperwork between us and have our names and signed each part. We are both named on the contracts so we are both able to look after each child.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I work with a co-minder in my home, she registered at my address 9 yrs ago and we're still going strong, we work to a key worker system but don't say.... that's your child... that's my child.. we work together and money is worked out on a percentage basis.

Ofsted have inspected us together, then the next time separately (as in months apart), then they said we should be inspected together in our next one because of the changes in sept 2012.. but will be asked questions separately to ensure we both have an understanding of the eyfs etc.

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first started out as a CM I worked with my friend at her house. We were inspected at the same time, although the inspector did sit down and speak to us individually. The Inspector was with us for five and a half hours and she only left when we insisted we had to do the school runs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Thanks. Yes I expected that but wondered of someone was allowed to register on another person's house.
    My daughter is registered at my address too

Good luck

Angel xx

apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm registered from my mums address, we have the same paper work and both sign it, and both named carers on all children's contracts so we can both care for them. We have joint Ofsted inspections as well. Only difficulty has been getting my dad as registered assistant as Ofsted would only do it with one of our names! But that's all sorted now.
    money is put into one account and then my wage is taken out and mum gets whats left, sounds funny but it works for us as I need to know exactly what I'm getting each month, and she can be more flexible to have less one month and more the other.

It really is great working with another person (as long as you have a great relationship) as at times it can be really hard!

15. Likes karensmart4 liked this post