Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A question re numbers

I know I know you've all yawned at the title, myself and my friend both of us mind she has had an enquiry for a child to start on June the 10th her son will be in full time education as of September, can she risk assess this or would she not be allowed?

Post Thanks / Like

Under currant guidelines, not she can't take as its new business so can't self verify on those grounds. That presuming she already has 3 under 5?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep having the same problem - all new enquiries want a start date before other mindees have moved onto school or Nursery in Sept, but as it is classed as new business I can't take on these children or find anyone else who can.

Had enquiry from lady last week wanted someone to collect 2 children from Nursery, 2 days a week at lunchtime - I pointed out to her she would have more luck if she sent children to Nursery 1 full day and got a childminder for 2 children for 1 full day also - not many childminders would want to go out in the cold and wet 2 days a week and not be able to take on children in the morning to keep these spaces free.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having the same problem. The variations don't cover little overlaps. Had an enquiry for a July start and a mindee goes to school sept. So had to turn it down now I will be waiting another two years for a phonecall to fill that space....
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.