At how many hours do you increase price?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default At how many hours do you increase price?

I've had my first enquiry looking for childcare for about 16 hours a week over 3 days (she is hoping to confirm with her boss this week). Would you charge your normal hourly rate? I know some of you charge a minimum amount of hours per day for little ones so would be interested to see what you would all charge.

This is all new to me so not sure what to charge for people who aren't filling full time spaces.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats, i hope her boss agrees.

I would charge my normal hourly rate for this, some will say im mad but i enjoy all of my part timers as i always get a different mix. HTH

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

I would charge my normal hourly rate for this, some will say im mad but i enjoy all of my part timers as i always get a different mix. HTH
    This is what I'm thinking, especially since it is my first enquiry - I don't want to seem like my prices are unreasonable etc as there's quite a bit of competition in the area.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

I would too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge an hourly rate its unfair to ask a parent to pay for hours they doen't work,its my choice to take on part time children, l only charge a daily rate if a parent works a full day 5 days a week.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a min of four hours a day for LO's.

Also I noticed the fact she is wanting 16hrs childcare. 16hrs seems to be a mgic number when it comes to government help so if she is going to be working 16hrs she will need more than that in childcare as she will need to pay you from when she drops off to when she collects, not just the hours she is actually in work for.

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really like to do less than 8 hours a day. I took on children for shorter hours when I first started out but ended up resenting the limitations it put on me, mainly because I had to be at home for drop off and collection in the middle of the day. I would much rather have a child come for two long days than three short ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I charge per day and then full week is less than what 4 days would be. A lot of parents then pay for whole week n use what days they like and pay set amount each week instead of me looking to fill odd days!!!!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a minimum of 3 hours a day charge. I only charge by the hour and never do day rates.

Don't forget to check that she has given herself enough time for drop off/collection travelling to and from work. I charge in quarter hours but others I know only charge half or full hours. I have had people work across the road from my house starting at 9 but I have charged from 845 to cover drop off time.

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge everyone the same rate that way u know where u are. With pre school children I do charge a min of 6 hours then after school children a min of 2 hours. But it's up to u. I only do the 6 hour min as that way it gives us to get out and about during the day and not having to rush most if mine do 7 or 8 hour days mind which I prefer but all of mine only come 2 or 3 days a week

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have always charged my hourly rate for everyone and I dont have aminimum number of hours. Works well for me and parents are happy.