Thread: New room

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New room

Hi

I was just wondering if I used a new room for childminding would I have to inform Ofsted under the new guidelines?

At the moment the whole of my downstairs was registered - my toilet is upstairs. Was just wondering about the spare bedroom upstairs being used for sleeping using a cot.

Of course would do RAs - I know you used to have to get Ofsted out to check it under the old guidelines - can you just risk assess now?

Any ideas?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was recently registered and the inspector told me that they now just register the whole property (unless any major major hazards.) It would have to be the same for all childminders wouldn't it? In the same way they've taken numbers of everyone's certificate? I guess it would still be safest to call and double check with Ofsted x

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    Hi

I was just wondering if I used a new room for childminding would I have to inform Ofsted under the new guidelines?

At the moment the whole of my downstairs was registered - my toilet is upstairs. Was just wondering about the spare bedroom upstairs being used for sleeping using a cot.

Of course would do RAs - I know you used to have to get Ofsted out to check it under the old guidelines - can you just risk assess now?

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem last week. I'm registered for downstairs only and I want to register an upstairs bedroom for setting up a travel cot (currently only registered for downstairs).

I rang Ofsted on Friday who informed me that they would send out my new certificate immediately which removes all the conditions on my old one incl. the clause where I am to use downstairs only. Once the new certificate arrives then I can use upstairs subject to all the relevant RAs etc.

Not received my certificate yet but hoping it comes soon!

Hope this helps x
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

4. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thank you for the reply and info - that will make it a lot easier. I am starting to run out of room downstairs with all these toys and stuff, plus will be nicer for them to sleep upstairs.

Lol would save creeping around downstairs when they are asleep

xxx

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    Ok thank you for the reply and info - that will make it a lot easier. I am starting to run out of room downstairs with all these toys and stuff, plus will be nicer for them to sleep upstairs.

Lol would save creeping around downstairs when they are asleep

xxx
    Certificate came yesterday

Very prompt service (for Ofsted!)
    Life is all about how you handle plan B