Dribbling, when  can it be addressed?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dribbling, when can it be addressed?

hello, as I have a 19months old who has always been a dribbler but how long before it becomes an issue that can be refer to someone?

The kid has raw skin in neck and around mouth with the dribbling as it aggravates his eczema, and it dribbles on the toys, the floor... you walk bare feet and suddenly you feel the wet you sit to play with them and suddenly your hands is in a dribbly bit... it's not nice for anyone around!!!
    surely that much dribble can't be right, would it be a swollowing thing? but he eats fine and drinks without problem...

I don't like dribble

Post Thanks / Like

My ds & ds both dribbled until they had their afenoids removed at 3. Both had constant ear infections, dribbled constantly ds even got impetigo on his chin at one point. It can also just be teething, may be a word with mum to get her to check with doc there are no underlying issues. Unfortunately some children just dribble.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a 28 month old who dribbles all the time too. He eats and drinks fine but his speech is unclear. Dont think I would worry till hes 3 maybe.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have looked after several children that dribbled and speech therapist was recommended for one, however at the appointment they were not overly concerned but did encourage to ask child to dab own chin dry with tissue instead of doing it for him to make them aware and try and control it. Have used this technique with him and another child since and it does seem to help.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you ladies,