Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A bit confusing!

I have my own 3 year old that will be starting nursery half days in September. I have had a parent come to me asking to take care of their 3 year old who will also be starting nursery in September at the same school. I already have 3 under 5 (which includes my own 3 year old). But I was thinking if one of them did mornings and the other did afternoons the only time i would be over 3 under 5 would be a couple of hours after school. Does that make sense? Has anyone else had this situation? Is it allowable or not? I know it is a stretch.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would say no as your are going over your numbers after school and its new business
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though your own 3yo is at nursery you are still responsible and s/he still counts in your numbers. It is only once you own is at full-time school (10 sessions a week) that they no longer count in your young children number. So, no it is not possible.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Should the truss proposal go ahead from autumn then Yes but only if the change is made for 4 under 5 years. God knows when we would hear about that
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it might be a bit of a stretch! Thought it was worth asking cos this mum is pretty desperate.

I think the year from part time to full time school is a really tough year to find childcare if the child has not already been with a childminder or nursery. Most childminders don't want half days because it takes a full time place. I will have to ask around for her. But this area seems really busy for childminding and it seems theres quite a few of us, good for business I suppose.

Thanks for your responses.