Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Parent info

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent info

Do you have leaflets with parent info or do you just have a pack made up that they can look through when they come to meet you? I can't decide whether to make a leaflet they can take away or just make up a pack with all my p&ps, info about me, things we will do etc that they can look through and then email the stuff over to them or give them a copy of the pack once they have signed contracts with me.

What do you all do?

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Do you have leaflets with parent info or do you just have a pack made up that they can look through when they come to meet you? I can't decide whether to make a leaflet they can take away or just make up a pack with all my p&ps, info about me, things we will do etc that they can look through and then email the stuff over to them or give them a copy of the pack once they have signed contracts with me.

What do you all do?

I have a leaflet that I give them to take away on their first visit. It provides a summary of my service; info on fees, mealtimes, activities, and a simplified version of my complaints, safeguarding and sickness policies. I tried to answer most of the questions that first time parents ask at the first visit within it. It has all of my contact information and my Ofsted number which I point out to them and explain how to find my report on Ofsteds website. Its useful for them to take away - if they've forgotten to ask anything, and is a good reminder of which childminder I was if they're visiting several. I think it gives a professional first impression.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
    I have a leaflet that I give them to take away on their first visit. It provides a summary of my service; info on fees, mealtimes, activities, and a simplified version of my complaints, safeguarding and sickness policies. I tried to answer most of the questions that first time parents ask at the first visit within it. It has all of my contact information and my Ofsted number which I point out to them and explain how to find my report on Ofsteds website. Its useful for them to take away - if they've forgotten to ask anything, and is a good reminder of which childminder I was if they're visiting several. I think it gives a professional first impression.
    That's what I thought. What size is your leaflet? I'm really not creative so was looking at them on vista print but they're expensive