Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Etruss's "THE BIG CHANGE"

No not the menopause...

Is there going to be any government guidance for parents about the proposed changes. Is it up to us to inform parents or what is going to happen?

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is only a proposal at the moment. I have had parents ask me about what it could mean and they do not like the sound that should I have to join an agency that they pay childcare fees to agency not me and because an agency will charge a fee that the childcare fees could rise to cover this fee. Hoping parents will protest as well.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    It is only a proposal at the moment. I have had parents ask me about what it could mean and they do not like the sound that should I have to join an agency that they pay childcare fees to agency not me and because an agency will charge a fee that the childcare fees could rise to cover this fee. Hoping parents will protest as well.
    My worry is it would be the opposite. They would charge the parents less, allowing more parents to go back to work, allow us more children but pay childminders less per child. Ie more children, same income.

I could be talking out of my but it just crossed my mind!

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

It is only a proposal at the moment. The agency model is not compulsary for anyone to join, just as there are many nursing agencies out there there are also many private nurses, for some people this will be a great way of working (not for me) as it will remove some of the admin side of the job.
    As for the ratio change, No one is going to be forced to childmind more children than they wish to! I see it as a great change as it gives more flexibility to us - the actual workers - to make a decision on what we are capable of coping with . There have been times in the past where I've had to turn someone with an 11 month old down because I already had an 11 month old - 1 month later I could have had 2 12month olds & could have taken on a new baby, I think looking after 2 11month.
    I've had to get numerous variations in the past (every one of which was approved) to enable me to look after 4 pre-schoolers. Now I'll be able to use my own judgement.

5. Likes singlewiththree liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    It is only a proposal at the moment. The agency model is not compulsary for anyone to join, just as there are many nursing agencies out there there are also many private nurses, for some people this will be a great way of working (not for me) as it will remove some of the admin side of the job.
    As for the ratio change, No one is going to be forced to childmind more children than they wish to! I see it as a great change as it gives more flexibility to us - the actual workers - to make a decision on what we are capable of coping with . There have been times in the past where I've had to turn someone with an 11 month old down because I already had an 11 month old - 1 month later I could have had 2 12month olds & could have taken on a new baby, I think looking after 2 11month.
    I've had to get numerous variations in the past (every one of which was approved) to enable me to look after 4 pre-schoolers. Now I'll be able to use my own judgement.
    Not compulsory until they make it compulsory........I kid, I kid (I hope!)