What do I need to have in place?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I need to have in place?

I've got my fire visit on Wednesday and have to contact my inspector once I have my alarms installed, so hopefully my pre-reg inspection will be next week as I have an electrician lined up to install alarms.

What do I need in place for my visit? I'm going to order a fire blanket, first aid kit and cupboard locks. I already have one safety gate but going to order some more. Can anyone recommend websites to order the above or has anyone used thechildmindingshop.co.uk? I have a few toys but no buggies etc as not getting anything else until I know the age of any mindees.

What do I need paperwork wise? Inspector has a copy of general house risk assessment and my p&ps but will print more. Do I need to have my parent pack and info leaflet prepared? Anything else I need?

I've got so much to do!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok breath!

You will find that your inspector will probably be in to see what you have in place and by sound of things you have thought of most.
    Don't worry it's not that scary, honest! Wait for your first inspection!
    Your inspector should guide to you anything that you need to do or get. Are you in Contact with any one from SCMA. They are a great help to.
    Hope it goes well x

Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my pre-reg inspection the inspector looked at my policies and discussed why I wanted to be childminder.

She then went through the house to do a risk assessment with me. She was not worried about stair gates etc as I said I would risk assess depending on the children that I had.

I did not have a parent pack when she came